SGVFD releases report on South Gabouri house fire

STE. GENEVIEVE — The Ste. Genevieve Volunteer Fire Department has released its report on a structure fire on South Gabouri Street Wednesday afternoon.

“At 4:05 on Wednesday October 28 the Ste Genevieve Fire Dept along with the St Mary FD and Zell FD were dispatched to a 1st alarm structure fire.

“First arriving units were met with heavy fire on the rear of the structure and two cars burning. The fire was brought under control in about an hour.

“One occupant was treated for smoke inhalation and two (dogs) perished in the fire.

“Crews were on the scene until about 7 p.m.

“The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunction in one of the cars which caught fire and extended to the structure.”