ST. LOUIS – The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a flood warning for the Mississippi River at Chester.
AT 9 p.m. Tuesday, the river was at 31.4 feet, 4.4 feet above the 27.0 foot flood stage.
The river was expected to continue falling.
It will then fall below flood stage Thursday afternoon.
916 PM CDT Mon May 9 2022
…FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL FRIDAY EVENING…
* WHAT…Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE…Mississippi River at Chester.
* WHEN…Until Friday evening.
* IMPACTS…At 31.5 feet, In Perry County, Highway E is closed
between County Road 322 and Levee Road (County Road 354) at Bois
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 9:00 PM CDT Monday the stage was 31.4 feet.
– Recent Activity…The maximum river stage in the 24 hours
ending at 9:00 PM CDT Monday was 32.0 feet.
– Forecast…The river is expected to rise to a crest of 31.5
feet just after midnight tonight. It will then fall below
flood stage early Thursday afternoon.
– Flood stage is 27.0 feet.